First Presbyterian Church of Buffalo :: News: News Item
News: News Item      more news »
Small Kitchen Fire at First Church
Published Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tonight at approximately 8:30 PM, Buffalo firefighters were called to First Church to extinguish a fire that had started in the basement kitchen. The building was evacuated promptly, and there were no injuries. Damage to the kitchen is minimal.

Special thanks go to the diligence and quick thinking of Rev. Dr. Phil Gittings, Interim Pastor, and custodian Tom Hollfelder. Employees of KC's Fitness were also on hand, and were very helpful.

Buffalo fire marshals determined the fire to be accidental, and caused by spontaneous combustion of rags containing grease.

more news »
Home     |     Ministries     |     Downloads     |     News     |     Calendar     |     Contact Us